The Benefits of Sugaring for Hair Removal
Sugaring is a natural hair-removal technique used by many beauty salons in place of traditional waxing for hair removal.
Unlike traditional methods sugaring does not require paper strips, instead, a special paste made out sugar, lemon juice, and water is used. So rather than a wax that adheres to your skin and pulls your skin when you are removing the hair, sugar just binds to your hair and only pulls the hair.
Sugaring leads to a permanent reduction in hair regrowth if the treatment is done regularly, every 3 -4 weeks.
When you care for your skin, exfoliate moisturise and heal the skin the results are 100 times better as they both work hand in hand to give the best results; silky smooth skin.
Some of the benefits of sugaring are:
1. Slower Regrowth - Strip wax removes the hair against the natural direction of growth which may cause the hair to split and grow back quicker. With sugaring the hair is always removed in the natural direction of growth causing less stress to the follicle, more ease of extraction of the hair thus a slower regrowth.
A more thorough extraction of the hair results in a more effective and permanent after result.
2. Its gentler on the skin and follicle - Sugaring contains no heat in contrast to traditional waxing. This means its much gentler on both the skin and the hair follicle!
3. A more permanent result - The results of sugaring are more permanent when the treatment is every 2 to 3 weeks, depending on the area. I have seen excellent results for clients particularly on the face.
All in all, the closer you have the treatments together the better the results!
4. A natural exfoliating treatment - Waxing adheres to fresh skin cells whereas sugaring adheres to dead skin cells which making it a natural exfoliating treatment.
5. Suitable for multiple skin types – Sugaring can help prevent and treat ingrown hairs and reduce reactions like spots, rashes, redness and inflammation which are commonly associated with traditional waxing treatments making it more suitable for pregnant women or those with sensitive skin types.
If your looking for an alternative to traditional waxing, sugaring may be of benefit to you!
If you want to learn more, our podcast with Erica Ryan “Beauty From The Inside Out“ is available now.
Want to learn more about how to improve your gut health, check out our “Digestive Wellness” course available now for a limited time only.
Erica Ryan is a massage specialist, holistic nutritionist and beauty therapist with over sixteen years experience.
The founder of Peaches & Lime, she has trained, studied and practised in a wide range of beauty treatments both at home and abroad.
Specialising in massage and facial techniques, before deciding on her own unique methods, she continues the high standards of care and expertise gained from all around the world.
Are you a health care professional looking to contribute your knowledge? We welcome guest blogs from professionals, simply follow the instructions on our “Write for Us” page and get featured